Obviously I have a thing for books. Obviously this THING for books led me to declare myself in college as a English Major. Obviously this love for the bound up words of many led me to my current career path. Obviously.
When does a person know exactly when they have a problem? When does this love of something become ... too much? I'm asking because I find myself in a rather embarrassing situation ...

My Current TO READ pile of books. What's the problem exactly? "6 books is nothing, " you may say? Well, this specific bunch of books ... they're from my supervisor. I had been complaining about how I was at a loss for what to read next. About how I rushed through 4 of Charlaine Harris' Sookie Stackhouse books in only one week, and how I had nothing to fall back on. My supervisor graciously provided me with a bag of books to choose from. The only problem is ... I may have embellished, slightly, about not having a thing to read next. You see, this is my other TO READ pile ...
Please note the fact that some of these specific books have book marks nestled between their pages. I started to read a lot of these books and got sidetracked ... somehow ... multiple times. It has gotten to the point now where I need to make a distinction among the books in these piles. I need to separate those books which I have started reading, from those which I have yet to even begin. This is where New Book stickers come in handy!
This is now my ENTIRE To Read collection. This is where I start to wonder ... Do I Have a Problem?
When does a person know exactly when they have a problem? When does this love of something become ... too much? I'm asking because I find myself in a rather embarrassing situation ...

My Current TO READ pile of books. What's the problem exactly? "6 books is nothing, " you may say? Well, this specific bunch of books ... they're from my supervisor. I had been complaining about how I was at a loss for what to read next. About how I rushed through 4 of Charlaine Harris' Sookie Stackhouse books in only one week, and how I had nothing to fall back on. My supervisor graciously provided me with a bag of books to choose from. The only problem is ... I may have embellished, slightly, about not having a thing to read next. You see, this is my other TO READ pile ...
Please note the fact that some of these specific books have book marks nestled between their pages. I started to read a lot of these books and got sidetracked ... somehow ... multiple times. It has gotten to the point now where I need to make a distinction among the books in these piles. I need to separate those books which I have started reading, from those which I have yet to even begin. This is where New Book stickers come in handy!
This is now my ENTIRE To Read collection. This is where I start to wonder ... Do I Have a Problem?
1 comment:
You know what the really sad thing is? That seeing your piles of books with bookmarks and "new book" stickers actually makes me jealous. So if you have a problem, what in the world does that mean for me?
Post a Comment