I come across a lot of interesting old books this way. One of these discoveries led me to find this hard cover copy of Gulliver's Travels. It isn't one of the oldest books as it's publication date of this particular copy is 1947. The children never checked this particular book out since the switch from card-cataloging to computers. So, it was pulled.
I kept it because I really wanted to begin keeping an altered journal and the cover was so cool, not to mention the binding itself being really secure. I mean, look at how cool the cover is!!
Altered journals are cool because you can just put together random crap and paint, doodle, write, etc. ... there are no rules! And it's recycling old materials to make something new and reflective of who you are. I found an example of an altered journal that I thought to be really wonderful:Anyway, I realized that if I ever did manage to start this journal, I would have ALOT of room to practice!
This would be a much easier endeavor if I could only draw or paint!!

1 comment:
I have always wanted to keep a journal like that! But, I am also not the craftiest person in the world, so I'm sure it wouldn't end up nearly as cool as I envision it. Not to mention, I have a hard enough time writing in a REGULAR journal.
But I think that's an awesome book to use for one. Very cool idea. I'm thinking more and more that I should start working in a library :)
By the way, which library are you at?
Post a Comment